Booking Terms & Conditions
- The subjects let are to be used for the purpose of a holiday and so the Client accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12 and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday.” Your reservation should be for holiday purposes only unless otherwise agreed in writing. The properties should not be used for stag parties, hen parties, weddings or any special event without prior discussion and written agreement by us.
- Property rates are per property per night based on a 3, 4 or 7 night stay for the maximum occupancy stated for each cottage (Thistles is a maximum of 4 adults sharing and The Croft House for a maximum two adults sharing). No camping is allowed in the grounds of either property.
- Reservations are confirmed when details have been checked and approved. In order to secure a reservation you need to pay a deposit payment of 30% of the total rental. A credit or debit card payment secures a reservation. On receipt of your deposit, we will confirm your reservation by email. You are then responsible for the balance of the rental, which is due no later than 10 weeks prior to your arrival. If your holiday is within the 10 week period, you are required to pay the full rental. There is a 48 hour cooling off period from the time of booking during which you may receive a full refund less a £30 administration fee.
- You agree to keep the house clean and tidy and leave it in a similar condition of cleanliness to when you arrived. Any additional cleaning of the property, following your departure, beyond the normal amount reasonably required, may be charged as extra and deducted from your Good Housekeeping Deposit.
- There are no twin beds, each bedroom has a UK King size bed, so only suitable for those wishing to share a bed.
- Thistles on Skye are non-smoking establishments
- A maximum of two well behaved dogs are welcome at each of our cottages. There is an additional charge of £5 per night per dog. We do ask that you bring a bed for your pet and that you do not allow them on the furniture or human beds! Thank you! Dogs must be booked in advance
- Check-in is after 4pm & check out is by 10am on day of departure. If you wish a different check in time then please contact us in advance.
- It may be possible, by arrangement, to drop any baggage off prior to check in time if you wish to do so if you are exploring round the island and do not wish to take this with you. But please ask to arrange this.
- Internet services – wifi is available in both cottages. However, we are not responsible for any failure of this service for whatever reason. No compensation is payable in the event of this service failing, being unavailable or too slow. Please ensure that you have checked that the broadband is suitable for your intended use.
- Your credit card details are held in our secure booking system to confirm your stay.
- There is no charge for a cancellation provided that it is made 10 weeks or more prior to your arrival date.
- For cancellations made within 10 weeks of your proposed arrival date if you have booked with us directly, we will apply the above policy minus a £30 admin fee, PROVIDED we are able to re-let the cottage. If we are unable to re-let the cottage I am afraid that the full cost of your stay is payable. We will do our utmost to re-let the cottage in these circumstances.
- If you have booked via an online travel agent then we cannot refund within the cancellation period as we do not have the ability to refund a booking that has been made via any online travel agent
- WE STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO TAKE OUT TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER YOU IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION.
COVID 19 – Cancellation Policy
- If we (the owners) are unable to let the Property due to governmental restrictions in place affecting the locale or some other aspect of the Property, then the Client will be offered to either change their dates, request a credit note (valid for 6 months)or receive a full refund.
- If the Client is unable to travel due to restrictions affecting their locale but the Property can operate, then the Client will be offered to either change their dates or a credit note (valid for 6 months) will be given for use at a future date.
- The Client must ensure that they abide by the governmental restrictions on the number of households and people that can meet indoors and outdoors during the time of their stay.